Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Belated randomocrity...

Just a blanket post, because 1) Lucas is taking a nap, so I have time. 2) The photos put a smile on my face. 3) I feel like it.
The Christine in me, since being married, has continued the Memorial Day tradition of attending a local service. The Riverton one appealed most to me. So I went. This 100+ year old man played the most touching rendition of "Taps" I've ever heard. Even more touching, he played it, while supported by a big Samoan man holding a folding chair behind him to help him stand steadily. Hear and watch that, and I dare you not to cry.
Driving back home from the service, I caught this out of the corner of my eye. I had to turn around and take a picture:) A goat sitting on top of (what must be) it's very own dog kennel. It looks like it's chained to it, poor thing.
Steve has had his '72 Nova project now for 13 years. It's occupied 1/2 the garage since I've known him. Quite an eye sore. Hopefully not for long. With the little time he has, he's been working on it. He's not a mechanic, but he's doing a great job figuring out how to restore it and make it look snazzy. These are some parts he's finished. I'm so proud of him!

No comments: