Monday, July 26, 2010

Independence Day





What baby that you know of, on their first 4th of July gets to be in a parade? Little did we know the morning we drove up to Park City (to watch Steve march), that Baby and I would get to ride in a 1941 Mack Fire Engine and ring it's siren while waving to thousands of on-lookers in the Park City 4th of July parade. It was totally random that we got to ride in it. I don't ever plan on it again, although it would be fun. Next time I'll get a tiara and vaseline-ate my teeth, so I look the part. Lucas cried most of the ride. He might not do it again next year.
So the cool part to it all is the history of the engine though. You might not think it's cool, but I can appreciate it. It was ordered in 1941 by Park City Fire, before production got cut because of the war. It took 4 years to get that truck, because most production was going to build tanks and stuff for the war. This engine was one of, if not the first one out of the lines to come to any Fire Station post World War II. That makes us cool. We rode in it. Basically... we're famous.

No comments: