Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Scaredy Cat.

It's an undeniable label I have not had to work for. I always have been, and fear, I always will be...and tonight is no exception. I'm scared. ... of the thunder and lightning and rain outside. It makes me think of a pale, scary man walking towards me in a straight jacket, through a wet, tall, wheat field with long hair and nails and sharp teeth...and he's probably old, too.

I'm also scared of leprachauns, hobo's, china dolls, grown men- crawling toward me in the dark with their arms, (because for some reason they don't have legs) and most recently, Lord Blackwood from "Sherlock Holmes".

I think I've come a long way, though, since being married and having to be tough when Steve's gone. But it's still ridiculous. Running up the stairs at night, and jumping into bed, because there might be a little leprechaun chasing me to nibble my toes.

Wow. Should I... be getting...some help for this? :}

Anyone else?

4 comments:

Elise said...

sharks, whales, dolls, heights, deepwater.. to name a few.

Anonymous said...

Not at all... It just makes you a better target for people who like to scare others... like me.

Crystal and Steve said...

i think you've already had your fair share of opportunities mister ;)

Mac and Margaret said...

Our stairs totally scare me! I ALWAYS run up them. I am not sure what is chasing me, but if it does, I am in trouble :-) Love that china dolls scare you! Never thought about them in that way, but I totally see the creepyness!